Saturday, January 22, 2011

Tattoo, to do or not to do?

        I have often thought over the decision of whether to get a tattoo or not. It's so easy to say " Deadly, I'm getting a tattoo, exactly like that one, it's cool" But when ya actually think about it, is it?
      


       A tattoo is a materialistic thing I think for almost anyone I know that has one. It's a fashionable accessory. I don't need a tattoo to remind me of what my name is ( sounds really stupid but I actually know people who have their own names tattooed on themselves), I don't need a tattoo to prove I'm a Bowie fan or to show I am a big fan of the Arsenal, or My parents or gf's names written on me in Chinese symbols.
 What I want is a tattoo that has a spiritual meaning, or intellectual or emotional substance. Something I can always relate to and transcends beyond the materialistic. Not something crass, or ignorant, or something that in many years time when I'm a grandparent I will look at in the mirror and think " What...the..fuck"?

Speaking of that, Hopefully I won't need my own name tattooed onto me when I'm a grandparent

I want something subtle. Ink that as a symbol, an engraving, speaks of something I believe in deeply.

It's something I'm still gonna continue thinking about.
      

1 comment: