Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Cat with no name

A Cat with no name, that was my cat. We had this cat for 10 years, and for some reason we never gave it a name. Well, not an official name. It had many monikers such as " the big fella" "blackie" " fatcat" ( in the winter time he turned into a fat bloater, and in his latter years he was a lazy fucker too).

I'd like to point out that any monikers given to him by me relating to his weight were all affectionate.

And his fat condition was seasonal anyway, so he could always revert to normal weight in summer time. To be honest, he was a cat, he didn't know what I was on about. So it doesn't matter.
Anyway I'd like to think of his name as "pppssssshhhh wsssssshhhh" which is a sound rather than a word really. This is because if you went outside and couldn't find him, he would emerge from the undergrowth after a few utterances of that sound " ppsssshhh wssshhh"

 Imagine being known as a sound, rather than a word??? Bad Ass if you ask me.

So "pppssssshhhh wssssssshhh" died in September, while I was away in England. He had been sick since August. So I left knowing that I probably wouldn't see the cat again. Kind of hoping too, because I didn't want to see him suffer.
You might think it's ridiculous that I'm writing about a cat in this way, But I don't really, and I'm kind of surprised about it too. But I really liked the cat.
When I came home from college or nights out or whatever, I'd always look and wait for his head to poke around the corner to see who had strolled in the gate. Then he'd happily trot over so I could pet him before I went into the house.
I came home from England recently, my girlfriend dropped me off at my front gate and I started walking into the drive. I was happy, I had seen my girlfriend, and I was just about to see my family( who I hadn't seen in 2 months). But Instead of going to the front door and in to see them, I first started making my way around the side of the house to see my cat.
Halfway around the house, I remembered he was dead, and I realised I wouldn't be seeing him trotting over to me.
It took me a minute or two before I could go into the house. Emotional Stuff.
All this over a cat with no name!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment